"Middlewest" Full Solstice Countdown Box PRE-ORDER
"Middlewest" is a Solstice countdown yarn calendar inspired by the natural beauty of the area in which I grew up: rich with diverse seasons and ever changing flora, each with its own unique palette. As we celebrate the year's longest night and remind ourselves of the sun's path that creates this day, it's fun to think back to the seasons that led up to the Solstice, how they will return once again, and how remarkable it is to live in such a world of color.
This listing is for the FULL Solstice Countdown Box, and includes:
- 21 mini skeins on your chosen base
- 1 sock set made up of a full sized skein + a coordinating mini on sock base
- A candle inspired by the flora of the midwest, created by myself and a local candle company in my city
How it works:
- Boxes will ship early November
- Starting on December 1st, you will open your first mini skein marked with a "1", and continue to open one skein daily in numerical order
- On December 21st, the Solstice, you will open your final mini skein marked with a "21" AND your full sized sock set marked "Solstice"
- There are 3 moodboards that inspired your countdown: Winter, Spring, and Summer; each collection has 7 curated minis
- The total countdown will be a mix of variegated and tonal colorways
- They are not necessarily designed to fade, but will feel cohesive as a collection
MINI BASE OPTIONS
- sock - 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon 4 ply, 463 yards, 92 yard mini
- DK - 75% superwash merino, 25% nylon 4 ply, 245 yards, 49 yard mini
Make me last! Please hand wash in cool water with wool wash and lay flat to dry. Avoid hot water - while all dyes are set before washing and shipping, you don't want to risk any color bleeding!